Populating drop down with connections only

4 years 2 months ago #316800 by Timpowwow
Hello

Been using CB for the past two months, got all the latest builds. I've been trawling google on this one for days! It seems so simple, if only I could understand the structure of your tables! ;-)

I would like to populate a list of connected students. I've set up a Query Drop Down Single select, the query works for all students. But I cannot find any documentation or forum posts as to how to limit this list to only students that I'm connected to. In an ideal world, I would expect to see a table of connections on the db, mapping two users together if they were connected and then I could add that to the where clause. I assume I can use delimiters but cannot find anything specific enough.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316802 by Timpowwow
Replied by Timpowwow on topic Populating drop down with connections only
Another issue I have, which is totally related...the selected item on the student drop down should filter out the rows in the field group. So, the field group is called Sessions, and a teacher can look at dates and times of a particular student they are connected to. I've enabled search on the student field and on the field group, sessions. But I get no search display. What I do get on the admin back end is a warning that MySQL might need to be upgraded. I've contacted my hosters and they say they're using the latest build of MariaDB. Are these compatible? If so, why am I getting the warning and no search fields?

Again, your help would be appreciated!

Tim

4 years 2 months ago #316812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Populating drop down with connections only

I would like to populate a list of connected students. I've set up a Query Drop Down Single select, the query works for all students. But I cannot find any documentation or forum posts as to how to limit this list to only students that I'm connected to. In an ideal world, I would expect to see a table of connections on the db, mapping two users together if they were connected and then I could add that to the where clause. I assume I can use delimiters but cannot find anything specific enough.

We do not provide documentation for database structures. In regards to connections they are stored in _comprofiler_members. The user making the connection is stored in referenceid column and the user being connected to is stored in memberid column. The accepted column notes if the connection was accepted and the pending column notes if the connection is still pending.

Another issue I have, which is totally related...the selected item on the student drop down should filter out the rows in the field group. So, the field group is called Sessions, and a teacher can look at dates and times of a particular student they are connected to. I've enabled search on the student field and on the field group, sessions. But I get no search display.

Not sure I understand what you mean. The dropdown is empty? What is the query you're using exactly.

What I do get on the admin back end is a warning that MySQL might need to be upgraded. I've contacted my hosters and they say they're using the latest build of MariaDB. Are these compatible? If so, why am I getting the warning and no search fields?

MariaDB is not supported officially by Joomla or by CB; it only works by luck since it's a fork of MySQL. I've no idea what warning you're referring to so you'll have to provide the warning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316835 by Timpowwow
Thanks for the table info,

If I want to search within a field group I assume that the search field would be selectable in the view profile. This is not happening. The student field and the field group are both set as searchable, and I just get no change from the view profile.

I attach the warning message. Should this be something to worry about?
Attachments:

4 years 2 months ago #316847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Populating drop down with connections only
Ok, you're trying to search a field group field. You will not be able to with MariaDB. We've no means of confirming JSON database column is supported on MariaDB so we can't use JSON SQL functions to search the field group. MariaDB is also not officially supported by Joomla so it also is not supported by us. You will have to use MySQL 5.7.8+ if you want to be able to search field group fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timpowwow

4 years 1 month ago #316980 by Timpowwow
Thanks for your response! Our hosts were adamant we'd have to upgrade to a higher cost membership to have MySQL installed over MariaDB. So, we moved hosts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn