Tab tooltips on profile tabs?

4 years 1 month ago #317150 by JagaTelesin
Tab tooltips on profile tabs? was created by JagaTelesin
Did a quick search but wasn't able to find anything relevant to what we're looking for.

The description field on a tab has text in it, which shows up (at the top) when editing the fields for that tab on a member's profile (as expected). It would be nice to be able to have that tab description show up as a tab tooltip when viewing the profile normally.

Is that something it should currently be doing, or would it require extensive modification to accomplish?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Tab tooltips on profile tabs?
Typically the way tab description works is for field container tabs the description shows in profile edit. For plugin tabs the description typically is meant to show in profile view, but most plugin tabs don't output the description at all. There's no plans to add some sort of tab description tooltip. It's possible to add a tab description to field container tabs on profile view using a Custom HTML field as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JagaTelesin

4 years 1 month ago #317181 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic Tab tooltips on profile tabs?
We were mostly trying to cater to our more "web-challenged" visitors, by giving them more info about what's under the tab. It's definitely not a critical thing to have, more of a convenience feature. Just curious if it was possible, but we'll set it to the side for now.

Thanks for the info!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn