ERROR MESSAGE: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser.

3 years 10 months ago #318824 by krileon

Here is one glimmer of hope or interest. When I login as another user and then log out. Clear Website Cacheing on the browser/and Joomla site and refresh browser I am able to complete the form without error. I can also complete the form without error without any clearing of cacheing. I find this interesting that I can complete the form without error after logging in then logging out, but no other time. Do you see any connection in this or a cause?

Just sounds like for whatever reason Joomla is not creating your session or your session cookie is pointing to a non-existing session. This won't just break CB CSRF protection. Anything relying on sessions would fail in this case. I've no idea what causes it. It could just be server configuration issues with PHP, but I don't know. I would need a test environment where this can be reliably reproduced so I can add layers of debug code to trace what's going wrong. So far I have not been able to create such an environment nor has anyone been able to provide one as I cannot do this debugging on a live install with active users using it. The biggest issue is being able to reliably reproduce. It happening randomly doesn't really allow me to track down the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn