CB Tags field for CB Blogs?

4 years 1 month ago #317261 by JagaTelesin
CB Tags field for CB Blogs? was created by JagaTelesin
We have a new field type to use, Tags . But do we have the ability to use any system or user-created tags on CB Blogs, similar to the Joomla tagging system?

Currently when creating a new CB Blog from a profile blog tab, I don't see the Joomla tags field for use (all I have created on the back-end are public access). And reading up on the new CB tag field I only see it being used on profiles to create a list there.

Extending the CB tag field for use on user-created CB Blogs would be amazingly helpful. Is that a planned feature?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Tags field for CB Blogs?
The tags field is a profile field so no it can't be used in CB Blogs. It's basically a select field that lets users add custom select values. When CB Blogs is redesigned it will better support core Joomla functionality like tags. I do not have a timeframe as to when that will be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317331 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic CB Tags field for CB Blogs?
It would be great to see that feature make it's way in - we've switched from My Blogs (ProfileBook) to using full-on CB Blogs for member blogging, and the only thing missing from it at this point is tagging.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn