[SOLVED] Cannot Install Plugins

3 years 11 months ago #318295 by drs2biz
Replied by drs2biz on topic Cannot Install Plugins
Have sent PM backend admin login details. Did you get my message?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Install Plugins
Have reviewed your install. You've something installed that's hijacking the install from web endpoint and trying to output an article of some kind. Seams like it's just a redirect maybe or something taking over the output buffer. The below endpoint is what is being affected by this.

/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=installfromweb&format=raw

This seams to be attempting to send to or output the following.

/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15

Best I can do is just to turn off install from web completely until you can find whatever is hijacking the endpoint. This however would just be a bandaid and not a fix for what's actually wrong with your site. There's nothing more I can do for you as your issue has nothing to do with CB and is caused by something you've installed or configured to do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318343 by drs2biz
Thanks Krileon.

I will keep looking. I thought it may have something to do with the template, as the install page turns red after a few minutes, and this is the base colour of the template. Article ID=15 is an error page article that the template throws up when there is a 404 error. I have unpublished it for the moment.

In addition, I have discovered the same problem occurring at another site I manage... ormocexpats.com - I have unpublished the error 404 page but it does not appear to make any difference! If I send you the Super Admin credentials, would you please take a look at this for me? The template is developed from the same stable. Both templates ask to nominate an error page article to display when a 404 error occurs.

If it can be demonstrated that the template is an issue, I would be interested in purchasing the "My Community" template. I would need to ensure that the template can be configured to have a different colour scheme, however. Can you advise me on this?

Regards,
David S.

3 years 11 months ago #318358 by krileon
If you believe the template is the issue then switch to default Joomla protostar template, clean Joomla cache, and turn Install from Web back on then retry. I don't see why a frontend template would be loading and interacting with a backend URL though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318380 by drs2biz
Krileon,

Will try your suggestion. Would you please advise the following:

1) Where do I turn on/off this functionality to install from web?, and...
2) Who should I turn to if this does not fix the problem?

I don't have the skill set to track down problems like this and resolve them.

David S.

3 years 11 months ago #318395 by krileon

1) Where do I turn on/off this functionality to install from web?, and...

CB > Configuration > Integrations

2) Who should I turn to if this does not fix the problem?

Whoever created your site as someone configured something or installed something to cause this. Could even be a bad URL rewrite in htaccess, which you can try and confirm by turning off SEF within Joomla global configuration. Aside from that your only other solution is to begin unpublishing 3rd party Joomla extensions 1 by 1 until the issue goes away to find out what is causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: drs2biz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn