Updating CB plugins

3 years 11 months ago #318434 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating CB plugins
Why did you try to install an older CB release instead of latest? You were instructed to update CB first followed by updating your plugins. It seams you did the opposite? We're not the developers of Akeeba Backup so I can't comment regarding it working or not, but you should perform a manual backup in Akeeba if possible and/or in your hosting panel. If Akeeba fails make the backup using your hosting panel.

Once you've a safe backup update CB. Now be sure you're logged into Joomlapolis. Next go to CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web and let it finish loading. If the JSONP call worked fine you'll see an Updates category already selected with an Update All button. Click that Update All button to update all your plugins at once.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318440 by Shedor
Replied by Shedor on topic Updating CB plugins

File Attachment:

File Name: Disabledfu...omla.rtf
File Size:2 KB

I was not able to install the one before this when I tried earlier, so I backed up and updated the plugins as you suggested and then when I went back to the control panel it showed the update of CB, I might be wrong and it might have been the last one, but anyhow I could not and the sight got stuck and went down and I could not undo it. When I go in now I can see this, but I won't try to update again:

Community Builder version 2.4.5+build.2020.05.07.21.35.06.e8f8a6125 is available: Learn More

Earlier also it said that there was a fault on I think line 22 at PHP and this:
pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,
Regards, Sherab

3 years 11 months ago #318444 by krileon
Please delete the user you just posted immediately. These are public and search indexed forums. Please do not provide login credentials we did not ask for and especially not on the forums. Please stop attaching documents and just include the contents in your post. rtf can not be viewed directly in the browser without download like a txt file. I do not download user files for security purposes.

Updating CB and/or its plugins, provided by us, can not take down a site. So I've no idea what you mean by this. The frontend isn't accessible? The backend isn't accessible? Any errors being displayed? Do you have other extensions installed that need to be updated?

Earlier also it said that there was a fault on I think line 22 at PHP and this:

Please provide the full error with server path removed from the error path (remove everything before Joomla root).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318445 by Shedor
ok, user is deleted!
Sherab

3 years 11 months ago #318446 by Shedor
I took down the frontend, but the backend is accessible and you can access it if you provide me with and e-mail address that I can send you info on!
Regards, Sherab

3 years 11 months ago #318450 by krileon
Why did you take down the frontend? Is it displaying an error on frontend? If so what is the error. We do not do install reviews at users request. We only do install review if we suspect a bug, which I do not.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds