Notifications and pinned items in CB Activity

3 years 11 months ago #318648 by Abmago
I have two problems with CB Activity and I think it is imported to solve these:

1) how to make / display notifications in CB Activity.
2) how to create "pinned activities"?

ad 1) I can see the notification icon on the profile, but notifications are never added, even after new comments added by connected users. I have added a screenshot of the parameters in backend.

ad 2) Users should be able to pin an activity; afterwards the activity should stay at the top of the list, but where do I find the option to pin an activity? I expected an option in the menu for managing comments (see second screenshot)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications and pinned items in CB Activity

ad 1) I can see the notification icon on the profile, but notifications are never added, even after new comments added by connected users. I have added a screenshot of the parameters in backend.

Ensure CB Auto Actions is installed and published. Next in CB Auto Actions > System Actions ensure you've enabled various notifications. CB Activity itself doesn't log anything.

ad 2) Users should be able to pin an activity; afterwards the activity should stay at the top of the list, but where do I find the option to pin an activity? I expected an option in the menu for managing comments (see second screenshot)

Users are not allowed to pin activity. Only moderators are allowed to pin activity. Once activity pinning is improved to be stream specific in a later release then permission for pinning will be implemented so users in theory would be able to pin posts themselves. As for how moderators pin activity they should be able to use the "Pin this Activity" menu item on a post. Pinned comments is disabled by default for activity comments; you can enable that in CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Comments > Display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318672 by Abmago
Thank you for this useful information. I have published the log notifications in CB Auto Actions and yes, it worked!

And now I understand how pinned activities work, thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn