how to use CB Conditional in Field Group

3 years 11 months ago #318701 by mayitolv
Hello
Sorry about my English .. i will try to explain my doubt

I have a list off product in a Field Group and i need to use one of this field to hide the Group ... for example

TEXT_FIELD1 CHECKBOX_1 (selected) - show this FieldGroup
TEXT_FIELD2 CHECKBOX_2 (unselected) - hide this fieldgroup

Thanks for your help !!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318706 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how to use CB Conditional in Field Group
Conditions do not function for fields inside of a field group at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mayitolv

3 years 11 months ago #318715 by mayitolv
Replied by mayitolv on topic how to use CB Conditional in Field Group
There is any other way to do what i need?

3 years 11 months ago #318717 by krileon
Are you trying to condition a checkbox field in a field group? If so then no that's not doable. If you mean you want to condition and entire field group from a regular checkbox field then yes that's doable using CB Conditional. Sorry, believe I misunderstood what you were asking for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318719 by mayitolv
Replied by mayitolv on topic how to use CB Conditional in Field Group
Yes but this chexkbox is one of the field in Field group ...

3 years 11 months ago #318725 by krileon
That might somewhat work, but only for static conditions. A static condition means it won't dynamically show/hide during registration or profile edit, but will still apply on display. You can actually substitute in field group fields using the format shown in the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/242183-accessing-the-individual-fields-within-a-field-group#316989

So for example you might have the below.

[cb_fieldgroup__0__cb_checkbox]

This would get the value of the field cb_checkbox from the field group cb_fieldgroup of the first row. In your static condition you'd have something like the following.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [cb_fieldgroup__0__cb_checkbox]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn