Language overrides have dissapeared

3 years 11 months ago #318752 by Abmago
Language overrides have dissapeared was created by Abmago
Yesterday I lost all my overrides suddenly. After editing a language string, the saving took much time. Then, a white page with text 'error' appeared, both on frontend and backend. After 10 minutes, I could enter the website again. However, all edited language strings were gone.

Today, I started editing language some strings again. However, this does not work properly, because the string 'WHATAPOSS_ON_YOUR_MIND_f2cab8' will not change in frontend. Some other edited strings work fine...

I do not understand what is going on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318755 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language overrides have dissapeared
Check your server error logs. It taking a long time and crashing sounds like the file failed to write for whatever reason. It's possible a false positive in mod_security was triggered if your host uses mod_security and caused it to fail since that will interrupt the process immediately.

Today, I started editing language some strings again. However, this does not work properly, because the string 'WHATAPOSS_ON_YOUR_MIND_f2cab8' will not change in frontend. Some other edited strings work fine...

Try using the language key directly like the following.

Key: What's on your mind?
String: YOUR_TRANSLATION_HERE

Looks like WHATAPOSS_ON_YOUR_MIND_f2cab8 is failing because our language parser is encoding the single quote in the string. I've let Nick and Beat know so the language parsing script can be reviewed for any possible issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318757 by Abmago
Replied by Abmago on topic Language overrides have dissapeared
It was a good advice to translate the string directly, not using the WHATAPOSS_ON_YOUR_MIND_f2cab8, but immediately "what's on your mind?". Now I could change the string!

I tried to make an error analysis, but that did not give relevant information. Maybe there are more tricks to discover more errors, but that is too difficult to me and takes a lot of time. I think I will search for the strings and translate them again.

3 years 11 months ago #318763 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Language overrides have dissapeared
How many language overrides did you have when it crashed?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn