Basic new field publication confusion

3 years 10 months ago #318789 by cirp
Hi,

I have created a new field with a "video" type.
The field is connected to a specific tab.
I have declared "Yes, on one line" in the "Show on Profile" as well as in the "Show on Profile Edit" dropdown field menus

I have two issues :

1/ I can uplooad a video when editing my profile, but once done, nothing appear when consulting my profil : why is that ?

2/ I can't find where to declare the access levels for this field: I need to tune precisely who can edit this field and who can see videos published by my users.

Any help ?

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #318792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Basic new field publication confusion

1/ I can uplooad a video when editing my profile, but once done, nothing appear when consulting my profil : why is that ?

Is the tab visible on your profile? Once uploaded you should see it on your profile on the tab the field is on.

2/ I can't find where to declare the access levels for this field: I need to tune precisely who can edit this field and who can see videos published by my users.

Only way to do that is CB Privacy and/or CB Conditionals. Fields themselves don't have access controls.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318793 by cirp
Replied by cirp on topic Basic new field publication confusion
Hi Krileon,

yes the tab is published, BTW I have other fields published in it that are visible, but not this one :-(

I look with the privacy plugin to tune access level then.

3 years 10 months ago #318810 by krileon
Strange, it's possible the video uploaded isn't encoded right and won't playback in HTML5. Turn on linking in your video field if you haven't already and try linking a youtube video to see if that displays fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318814 by cirp
Replied by cirp on topic Basic new field publication confusion
I found where the problem was from.

The size of the file was biger than the one authorized for this VHOST (upload_max_filesize specific low value in the the apache vhost configaration file).

May be a suggestion : that could be usefull if cb could return an error message when this happens...

Thanks anyway.

3 years 10 months ago #318823 by krileon
It gets rejected by the server before it even reaches CB in that case. We can't add an error for that. This causes the _FILES global to be empty so it's as if you never uploaded anything and unless the field is marked as required it's not going to error for an empty video field. Best way to avoid this is to be sure to properly configure the maximum file size validation rule on your video field so CB can attempt to validate its size before it is sent to the server using client side validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn