[SOLVED] How can I deny access to pages when paid membership expires?

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320214 by rachel.jollie
When a user's membership expires, I would like to deny them access to pages that require an active membership and prompt them to reactivate their membership. How can do I do this in CB's paid subs? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320217 by krileon
CBSubs already does this automatically, but it depends on how you're protecting content. If you're just protecting it with ACL and your subscriptions are giving them a user group then it's the ACL protecting the content and not CBSubs. If you're using the CBSubs Content integration and protecting menu items, urls, etc.. then it should do as you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320218 by rachel.jollie
Is there a way to show menu items based on an "active" member or hide menu items from expired members?

Or does the CB content bot only apply to articles?

Thank you for the advice.

3 years 7 months ago #320232 by krileon
CBSubs can't show/hide menu items. It can only protect access to that menu item. Only way to show/hide would be 2 separate menu modules as CBSubs can show/hide modules. CBSubs Content integration handles both of those cases (protecting menus and/or showing/hiding modules).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320310 by nant

rachel.jollie wrote: Is there a way to show menu items based on an "active" member or hide menu items from expired members?

Or does the CB content bot only apply to articles?

Thank you for the advice.

You would need to use CBSubs to change joomla group for a subscriber and then use this to configure your menus appropriately.

3 years 7 months ago #320356 by rachel.jollie
I installed CBSubs Content integration and it worked for me. Thanks Krileon! You can flag this as solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn