Access restricted to users list: how to unlock

3 years 7 months ago #320497 by yogiman
Hi :-)
i have an users list which is set as publi but when i try to access the profile of an user i get restricted: what is wrong with my settings?

www.anukalanayoga.com/Lista-utenti.html
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320500 by krileon
Userlist access only controls access to that userlist. It does not control access to profiles. Profile access is based off "Profile View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > User Profile and also CB Privacy if using Profile Privacy field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 7 months ago #320505 by yogiman
Thanks for helping !
anyway i still am confused... in configuration user profile view access is set to public.... but still i can't see it

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #320525 by krileon
Then you're likely getting a Joomla access restricted check from your Joomla menu item. Review your menu item to CBs profile page and ensure its access is set to public. You need at least 1 public Joomla menu item to CBs profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320560 by yogiman
Thanks, i found some menu item that was set to registered but even now that are set to public i still have a restriction access... the difference now is that i get a message but no login fields to access....

Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago #320576 by krileon
Please provide the exact message it's showing. The only other thing that could be blocking public profile at this point would be CB Privacy if you're using its profile privacy field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn