[SOLVED] disable user edit

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320599 by kommid
[SOLVED] disable user edit was created by kommid
Hello,
for a simple site, our customer wants to have one user account for all users. The want to distribute some kind of member cards, all with identical user credentials, that give their customers access to some benefits. They don't want to use a .htaccess because this can't be styled and in Joomla itself there seems to be no way to prevent users from changing their passwords or their email address. I'm thinking about something like a demo site setup, that has one user account for all users which they can't edit.
Is this possible with community builder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic disable user edit
So you want to have a single generic account with no profile edit? That should be doable using CB Auto Actions and just redirecting away from profile edit. The below should work.

Global
Triggers: onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: Non-Moderators
Action
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler
Sorry, editing of this account has been disabled.

There isn't really an official means of flat out turning off profile edit, but this should prevent them from reaching profile edit at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kommid

3 years 6 months ago #320619 by kommid
Replied by kommid on topic disable user edit
Thank you very much, this should do the trick. I did the same for onBeforeNewPassword and onLostPassForm to prevent users from resetting the password of the account too.
Have a great day
Markus
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn