How to show dynamically some content after a login ( Joomla_OnUserAfterLogin )

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320705 by smalldragoon
Hello,
Maybe linked to my previous Topic, I'm trying to show content based on condition and trigger.
I tested the conditions and it's working perflectly fine. now , I would like to show some content to display when user login
I checked the content action but it is only to create some
Thanks for your insights !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320712 by krileon
You would need to do this on the landing page after login or use something like Joomlas message queue to show a message wherever your templates message queue outputs. During login is a PHP operation so it can't output anything directly.

To add to Joomlas message queue use a Code action and set Method to Message Queue. As for landing page best way to handle that is create a Joomla article, add whatever you like, then set the login redirect URL in your CB Login Module to that page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320725 by smalldragoon
I though to that, but the problem is that the user will be back to the main page, so the content will be loaded again and again
I would need jsut once, when user logs in, that why I was thinking about the auto actions ?

3 years 6 months ago #320730 by krileon
What are you trying to load exactly? If you need this to happen during a login operation then you'll typically have to do this server side unless you absolutely need to execute client side code, which will have to be done on the landing page after they login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320759 by smalldragoon
I want to load some content to get a plugin add-on triggered :

blabla

{modal url="https://mysite " open="true" autoclose="1000" width="430" height="620" id="saml"}{/modal}

Blabla

3 years 6 months ago #320771 by krileon
You'll have to do that on the landing page somewhere that Joomla content prepare is supported then. A Joomla article for example. If you only need it to apply to their first login you could set the "First Login Redirect" parameter in CB > Configuration > Registration to your article with that in it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn