Register new users via CB Auto Actions

3 years 6 months ago #320747 by MarlonFungai
Register new users via CB Auto Actions was created by MarlonFungai
Hi guys I have an external system that I need to integrate with CB. The system needs me to add users using a url call and passing the mobile number of the user and email address of the user as well as a message field value. I know auto actions has a registration type auto action but I can't find docs on how can use it to do what I need please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Register new users via CB Auto Actions
You should be able to create the following auto action to do that. Please keep in mind Joomla requires username, email, and name to create a valid user so you will have to supply all 3. They can however all 3 just be set to email address if that's all you have.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Registration
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [get_token]
Operator: Equal To
Value: TOKEN_VALUE_HERE
Action
Username: [get_email]
Email: [get_email]
First Name: [get_email]

With the above we're securing the auto action using a token so random people can't just guess it via the auto action id. Replace TOKEN_VALUE_HERE with whatever token you like (e.g. 5FirN3RTgGhDXwjHc) as it's basically a password. Use the "Fields" usage to set custom fields values. For example with your mobile phone number you might have the below.

Field: cb_phone
Value: [get_phone]

The get_ in your substitution lets you access parameters from the URL. If your external system is sending this information with a POST use post_ instead of get_. Below is an example of what your auto action URL to be used by your external system. You can find this URL under the Global tab after saving your auto action.

DOMAIN_HERE/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID_HERE

Now we need to add our custom information to this, which would look like the below.

DOMAIN_HERE/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=ACTION_ID_HERE&token=TOKEN_VALUE_HERE&email=USER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn