Question about ProfileBook

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #320748 by liaskas
Question about ProfileBook was created by liaskas
Hello...

I am trying to find a way to moderate the ProfileBook entries but i am not able to locate a setting in the plugin settings.

Then i thought that maybe we could create an auto action that will send an e-mail to the admins whenever a ProfileBook entry is created or updated.

Can you please guide us on what auto action we should create so that we can receive an e-mail on ProfileBook entries creation and update?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #320769 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about ProfileBook
There's no moderator approval functionality for CB ProfileBook posts. As for sending an auto action the below should work.

Global
Triggers: pb_onAfterCreateEntry
Type: Email
User: Self
Access: All Non-Moderators
Action
To: [cb_moderators]
Subject: ProfileBook Post!

Only variable available to that trigger is [var1] and it's the profilebook post object. To access the post message you'd use [var1_postercomment].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 months ago #320780 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Question about ProfileBook
Thank you for your quick response Krileon... it worked like a charm. We also used pb_onAfterUpdateEntry to get notifications for updates too.

Is there a way to get also the poster username and the post id in the same mail?

Thank you.

3 years 6 months ago #320792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about ProfileBook

Is there a way to get also the poster username and the post id in the same mail?

You've access to every column in the _comprofiler_plug_profilebook through var1 substitutions. So for those two you'd use [var1_postername] and [var1_posterid].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

3 years 6 months ago #320802 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Question about ProfileBook
Perfect!!!

It worked. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn