Modification date bug

3 years 4 months ago #321619 by inzet
Modification date bug was created by inzet
If I change the user status manually using the backend the modification date (lastupdatedate) is not updated, nor is acceptedtermsconsent

Enabled
Approved
Confirmed

Users often call me or send emails to confirm their subscription.
A daily script to export new registered and approved users from a certain date is missing data!

Also, Acymailing users already registered are approved but if the user register in CB his status is not updated. A manual intervervention is needed. But the record modification date is not written on the database!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #321640 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Modification date bug

If I change the user status manually using the backend the modification date (lastupdatedate) is not updated

That's not a bug and is working as intended. That only updates when the user themselves modifies their profile.

nor is acceptedtermsconsent

Also working as intended. You can not give consent on another users behalf. That would go against GDPR, which is what it was implemented for.

Users often call me or send emails to confirm their subscription.

Then I recommend fixing your sites flow so users do not need to call you, but can instead do this themselves. Confirmation, terms and conditions, etc.. is an entirely automated process that should not require moderation.

Also, Acymailing users already registered are approved but if the user register in CB his status is not updated. A manual intervervention is needed. But the record modification date is not written on the database!

We do not integrate with AcyMailing Users so I do not know what to tell you in regards to this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321661 by inzet
Replied by inzet on topic Modification date bug
Given the capability to modify a record using the backend interface, a "last_mod_date" is highly recommended.
And a "last_mod_username", too.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #321667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Modification date bug
Use CB Profile Update Logger and within its Parameters tab set "Backend" to "Enabled". You will then have full profile data change logging for frontend and backend. It can even send a notification about changes as well. We've no plans at this time to hardcode in other modified date fields.

You can also use CB Auto Actions to update the lastupdatedate field if you wanted, but I don't recommend doing that as it's meant to indicate the user themselves has updated their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn