Not use the hamburger-menu

3 years 2 months ago #323360 by silverman1
Not use the hamburger-menu was created by silverman1
Hello,

What is the best way to not use the top hamburger menu in the profile on mobile phones. I would like to use the standard "big" menu instead. I don't have so many links here, so I think that they will fit without using the hamburgers. Can I override this media query in some way so that the regular menu is always used?

Is it possible to rearrange the submenu items. For example to move the "Report User" from the "Moderate" Menu, to the "View" menu?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #323369 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not use the hamburger-menu

What is the best way to not use the top hamburger menu in the profile on mobile phones. I would like to use the standard "big" menu instead. I don't have so many links here, so I think that they will fit without using the hamburgers. Can I override this media query in some way so that the regular menu is always used?

You can prevent the hamburger menu using CSS. See the below topic on how to do this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240458-solved-tab-nesting-feature#310260

Note the above will apply to tabs as well. If you don't want it to apply to tabs remove the CSS rules applied to cbTabsMenu class.

Is it possible to rearrange the submenu items. For example to move the "Report User" from the "Moderate" Menu, to the "View" menu?

Only way to do that is with CSS. You'd need to convert the navigation menu to a flexbox usage then use the flex order CSS style to change the order.

That menu will be removed in CB 3.x as it doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #323384 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic Not use the hamburger-menu
Great, that works! I need a few more px. How can I reduce this space here and make the menus a bit closer to the left edge?

Also, when I use the "Without Scrolling" CSS.
If I set the tab "My connections" as a Nested tab menu, it shows the tab both as nested AND as a normal tab. Like this
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago #323389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not use the hamburger-menu

Great, that works! I need a few more px. How can I reduce this space here and make the menus a bit closer to the left edge?

Adjust the CSS to whatever you like or add more custom CSS to remove padding and margins.

Also, when I use the "Without Scrolling" CSS.
If I set the tab "My connections" as a Nested tab menu, it shows the tab both as nested AND as a normal tab. Like this

Add the following inside the media style.

.cb_template .cbTabsMenu .cbTabNavMenuNested {
	display: none !important;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silverman1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn