login

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323593 by matthewdavey
login was created by matthewdavey
Is it possible to make the login set to guest by default? I want the guest login showing to public by default so a public person can just click login and get logged in. see attached
Thanks
And if this is not possible what would your preferred option be to get guests log in ?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323606 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic login
There is no functionality for pre-filling the login form inputs. There are no plans for such a feature. You might want to take a look at our demo site and consider something like our Login As module which is just some HTML combined with a auto action for auto logging someone in. Your alternative is to make a Joomla template override for the login module layout and add your hardcoded values to the input there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323628 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic login
Where do I make the override and what would be the code to put as the override?
Thanks

Would the guest profile revert back to normal default when the guest user logs out or would it stay for the next guest to change to their liking?
Thanks

3 years 1 month ago #323634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic login

Where do I make the override and what would be the code to put as the override?

Suggest reviewing Joomlas documentation below regarding layout overrides.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Layout_Overrides_in_Joomla

Would the guest profile revert back to normal default when the guest user logs out or would it stay for the next guest to change to their liking?

It will not revert. That's something you would need to code yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds