CB Gallery Thumbnails for video link

3 years 1 month ago #323596 by Sekulla
CB Gallery Thumbnails for video link was created by Sekulla
Hi,

I am using CB Gallery.

When I use a video link and upload a thumbnail all works fine when using a youtube link. But when I use link to an mp4 file, for example:

dlmultimedia.esa.int/download/public/videos/2014/01/016/1401_016_AR_EN.mp4

The thumbnail will not upload itjust freezes with a blank page with the url as:

www.copernical.com/network/profile/view-profile/pluginclass/cbgallery?action=item&func=save&id=84&gallery=b1d3abd79d7f32f124bf8a0a2ff83b84&return=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29wZXJuaWNhbC5jb20vbmV0d29yay9wcm9maWxlL3ZpZXctcHJvZmlsZS9wbHVnaW5jbGFzcy9jYmdhbGxlcnk/YWN0aW9uPWZvbGRlciZmdW5jPXNob3cmaWQ9NyZnYWxsZXJ5PWIxZDNhYmQ3OWQ3ZjMyZjEyNGJmOGEwYTJmZjgzYjg0JnJldHVybj1hSFIwY0hNNkx5OTNkM2N1WTI5d1pYSnVhV05oYkM1amIyMHZibVYwZDI5eWF5OXdjbTltYVd4bEwzWnBaWGN0Y0hKdlptbHNaVDkwWVdJOU16az0=

Any ideas on what is going, all other functions work, I can include file video links and associate thumbnails but when I use an external link to a mp4 video file not possible to upload a thumbnail. Any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Thumbnails for video link

The thumbnail will not upload itjust freezes with a blank page with the url as:

Where are you seeing this exactly? Seams to be working fine in my tests, but takes a long time due to the URL of the video responding extremely slowly to HTTP requests. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry and see if any errors output. It's possible you're hitting PHP timeout due to the long HTTP request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323612 by krileon
Ok, looks like it's due to the caching behavior that's used during storage to cache information about uploads/links so it doesn't have to be retrieved during display is really slow for some URLs. Have added a bug ticket to fix this behavior to use the URL parsing code so it doesn't need to retrieve this information multiple times.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8409

You are most likely hitting timeout issues due to this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323613 by Sekulla
Replied by Sekulla on topic CB Gallery Thumbnails for video link
Thanks Kyle,

I just tried a different mp4 on the same ESA site and a different thumbnail. This time I got the following error messages:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 83886080 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /homepages/22/d775976884/htdocs/public_html/copernical.com/libraries/CBLib/Imagine/Gd/Image.php on line 688

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 83886080 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /homepages/22/d775976884/htdocs/public_html/copernical.com/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 89

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 83886080 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Youtube links are working fine but a we are space website we really need video links from ESA.

www.copernical.com

Tx
George

3 years 1 month ago #323614 by krileon
Yup, was able to find and fix the issue. Latest build release that should be available now or in a few minutes has fixed this. The caching has been improved, please clear Joomla cache after updating or wait for it to invalidate in 24 hours, and have fixed the height/width functions not properly skipping media types that aren't images.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323627 by Sekulla
Replied by Sekulla on topic CB Gallery Thumbnails for video link
Many thanks Kyle,

Speedy and responsive solution as always, much appreciated.

Just one minor issue. If the thumbnail has an image size of 3930x2211, I still get the above errors. However, not a problem as image sizes of around 1848x1049 work just fine. So assume it is to do with the image processing exceeding limits. This is irrespective of the files size being below the 1mb limit as both files were below the limit, it seems related to the image dimensions not file size limits.

However, it is working so I am a happy chappy.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn