Private Message System does not work

2 years 7 months ago #326408 by eromax
Private Message System does not work was created by eromax
Hi there!
Need help with the message page in the backend on my page g6n.dk

Have previously been able to see the messages being written by the users and myself, but suddenly the page is empty without any messages?

What could have happened and how to fix it?
Hope you can help me :-)

Best regards
Dennis
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Message System does not work
Viewing of all user private messages in backend has been removed. Backend can only view system messages and messages sent to all users now. A report feature is being reviewed to help with moderation. See the below ticket for further reasons why this change was made.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8704

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eromax

2 years 7 months ago #326410 by eromax
Replied by eromax on topic Private Message System does not work
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply.

A slightly strange decision because when you can see the messages, if / when somebody are harassing or worse, then you can see it and do something about it, to protect people, it must be what it should be a human right :-)

Thanks
Dennis

2 years 7 months ago #326413 by krileon
A reporting feature is being reviewed for merge and release either today or early next week to deal with needing to report messages for harassment, etc.. the reporting feature will email moderators the contents of the message so they can review it and make whatever judgement call is necessary. In a later release users will be able to select a reason for the report, but for now it's simplified to get it released asap.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326415 by krileon
Latest build release now supports reporting messages to moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: eromax

2 years 7 months ago #326422 by eromax
Replied by eromax on topic Private Message System does not work
Hi again!
Thanks for reply :)

Can see there is a reporting option in the new update, which however does not work completely as it sends to a user called "report!" witch does not exist?

Could an option be made when the user reports another user, can you as admin see their entire conversation, and in that way get an insight into the matter objectively and not just from one party?

Regards
Dennis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn