Bug in CBActivity

2 years 6 months ago #326766 by kdave321
Bug in CBActivity was created by kdave321
I think this was a recent update. line 217 in com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity/container.php generates tool-tip text in the feed when someone joins the group.
I'm guessing line 215 should not have closed the <div... with a ">".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug in CBActivity
All of my example activity looks fine. Do you have a screenshot of the issue? The tooltip on line 217 should be the date of the activity. I can't see how that could fail unless the JS fails or for some reason there's no date for that activity. The div handling on 214-215 is fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326774 by kdave321
Replied by kdave321 on topic Bug in CBActivity
Odd, I'm not finding the issue on my Dev server. Attached screenshot of Prod. Another person joined the group later and it shows date and not the tooltip text. It could be the other members were added from the backend, maybe without a date?
Attachments:

2 years 6 months ago #326775 by kdave321
Oh, I just noticed double tooltips on the date that does show. Attached.
Attachments:

2 years 6 months ago #326781 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug in CBActivity
Are you using a custom template for CB Activity? If so switch back to default in CB Activity and retry. Aside from that looks like possible 3rd party conflict. The first tooltip in your double tooltip display is CBs the second one sitting on top of new comment isn't CBs so something else is adding that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326805 by kdave321
So I discovered 2 things.
1) those joins with the tooltip error did not have a date joined. I will just have to make sure that they all do.
2) the 2nd tooltip ( below the date ) is in a title attribute:
<span data-cbtooltip-tooltip="04/29/2021 23:53:15" data-cbtooltip-width="" data-hascbtooltip="true" data-cbtooltip-position-my="bottom center" data-cbtooltip-position-at="top center" data-cbtooltip-classes="qtip-simple" data-hasqtip="3"><span class="cbDateTimeago" data-cbtimeago-datetime="2021-04-29T23:53:15-05:00" title="04/29/2021 23:53:16">6 months ago</span></span>
<span class="cbDateTimeago" data-cbtimeago-datetime="2021-04-29T23:53:15-05:00" title="04/29/2021 23:53:16">6 months ago</span>

I will hazard a guess the title comes from libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/LegacyComprofilerFunctions.php
I did check if switching back the default template changed anything. It doesn't.
It seems adding people to the groups from the backend is not setting the date. For now, I will have to fix their dates in the backend ( activity -> groupjive*joins )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds