[SOLVED] Unable to Edit Users on Backend

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329853 by Lantau
On the backend, in user management, when I select an individual user to view/edit I get the following error.
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication::isSite()
I can view users info on the frontend. However, when I select the Edit button on my own profile I get a 'page not found' Joomla error and the following error
0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication::isSite()
All other CB functions, including editing fields and tabs seem to work fine. Other website functions seem to work fine as well.
I have recently upgraded the site from Joomla 3 to 4.1.5 and reinstalled CB 2.7.2+build.2022.05.09.18.01.50.cff9cffac
I have run all the checks under Tools with all green results except for
CB plugin "CB GroupJive Forums": no database or no database description.
I get the same front end error above when I select a GroupJive group or create a group.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to Edit Users on Backend
There is no function call to "isSite" in any of our products. My guess is you've a 3rd party CB plugin or 3rd party Joomla user plugin doing it. Try unpublishing any 3rd party CB plugins you've installed and see if the issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lantau

1 year 9 months ago #329859 by Lantau
Replied by Lantau on topic Unable to Edit Users on Backend
Thank you Kyle. The problem was Kunena.
The following is outside the scope of this support forum but included as it may help others.
Prior to the upgrade from Joomla 3 to 4, Joomla warned of problems with Kunena. I attempted to uninstall but was not fully successful. As I no longer used Kunena I didn't worry, and the upgrade appeared to be successful, until this problem. I attempted to upgrade to the latest version of Kunena unsuccessfully. I was stuck not being able to remove it or upgrade it. As an interim I've renamed the com_kunena folders and now CB Users Edit works fine. I need to research how to remove kunena manually without collateral damage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn