Client changing domain name

1 year 9 months ago #329874 by micheleq
Client changing domain name was created by micheleq
Hello,
My client is changing their brand name and hence want to change their domain name. We have CB Subs on the site with many recurring subscriptions. We don't want to ask users to re-subscribe, so for the time being, we'll have 2 sites on going, which I'll merge somehow.

The Question is can I change the domain name of the site while leaving the old domain pointing to the same folder to continue to validate recurring payments (i.e. PayPal IPN and Stripe)?

I would assume this would work, and that new subscriptions would operate under the new domain.
However, I have no idea of the ramifications this would have.

Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329880 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Client changing domain name
You can either setup permanent redirects or point the old domain to the same server as the new domain (1 site 2 domains). Either should get them where they need to be. As long as the URL parameters are preserved with whichever method you choose it should renew the subscription fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn