[SOLVED] Someone Else's Profile Load at Login

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153603 by LDublin
Hello,

have been testing users login etc on my CB.

Encountered this problem: when logging in as testuser2, the system brings me to testuser1's profile, on which I was working 2 minutes ago. On reload the correct profile appears.

Cleared cache, but persists in all browsers.

Please Help? :ohmy:

Does this mean that if two people use the same computer to login into my site one after another, the latest one will accidentally see the previous one's profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153648 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Someone Else's Profile Load at Login
If you were viewing testuser1's profile when logging in then of course you'll arrive at testuser1's profile unless you configure the CB Login module to redirect on login to index.php?option=com_comprofiler, which would always display their own profile on login. Could not duplicate your issue however, seams caching related if a login redirect IS specified.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDublin

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153660 by LDublin
Replied by LDublin on topic Re: Someone Else's Profile Load at Login
I was viewing testuser2 profile, but I arrived at testuser1 profile as I said in my post.

I had previously been viewing testuser 1 - let's say I tested logging in as testuser1 and then immediately afterwards logged in as testuser2. Being logged in user testuser2, I clicked on "Profile" tab and SAW testuser1 profile. I reloaded page and testuser2 profile then loaded.

How can this be helped? (Joomla Cache plugin has always been disabled.)

I am not a developer, and I would absolutely appreciate help here as I want to introduce the Community service to our existing customers, but I'm afraid this can turn into a security issue.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I tested logging in on another computer in an internet coffee shop and on my iPhone - the same problem.

P.S. Simple English appreciated. :)

13 years 2 months ago #153673 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Someone Else's Profile Load at Login
I've no idea how to duplicate this. I could not confirm following your exact steps. It seams like a caching issue. Please check Joomla global configuration to ensure caching isn't enabled. Please also check with your host to ensure they're not caching responses.

What is the logout redirect URL as specified within the CB Login module? It's possible testuser1 is being redirected to their profile when they logout. What page do you see directly after logging out? testuser1 or testusr2? Are you able to provide screenshots of the issue?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDublin

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153682 by LDublin
I have done 10 screenshots of all the steps and the whole issue. What is the attachment restriction for my reply message?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153688 by LDublin
Here's the first screenshot that shows that I am about to login as testuser1:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn