[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 1 month ago #156778 by krileon
Have installed an experimental release that features latest PHP API provided by Facebook. Please confirm if you're still having issues. Again, I was able to login successfully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156899 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
then why can't I??? My client and another testuser can't either :unsure:

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156985 by krileon
I have no idea, I've explained several times it is external API. I can't fix what's broken on their end. I also can't account for the hundreds of privacy settings Facebook offers which could cause their API to send back nothing. I've confirmed working on YOUR own site. Whether it works for your account or not I again can't account for as no two accounts are configured the same. This has been an ongoing issue with zero leads, I've installed a special release on your site using their exact API library completely untouched and it too is failing for you. Am still looking into this issue, but right now I have no answer to offer sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157024 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
I'm sorry, I didn't meen to sound ungrateful. You've been nothing but help to me. It's just very frustating to know someone else is able to login and I can't, no mather what account I use. I've set de privacy settings to my own account to everybody for everything, yet still no luck.

IE and ff don't give me any errors anymore, no fatal js errors or anything, so that's progrese i think. After trying to login in I am logged into facebook...so that connection is made. It doesn't seem te be creating a new account however, because I'm still not logged in on the website itself....but i'm not recieving the failed error anymore either! It just keeps asking me to login.........

13 years 1 month ago #157204 by krileon
To test if your facebook data is even remotely public use the below URL to see results.

graph.facebook.com/FACEBOOK_ID

Replace FACEBOOK_ID with your actual Facebook ID, Facebook URL name, or if can't find either use "me" (without quotes). If nothing returns, not even Name then your privacy settings are locking out the API.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 1 month ago #157208 by krileon
Was able to confirm among other developers and Facebook team there is an issue with their API and CURL calls. Have also found a workaround to be implemented with next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn