How to renew all plans (parent / child) together

13 years 1 month ago #157623 by susanskinner

How do subscribers renew all their plans at once (parent and all child plans)? Please note subscribers on my system could have up to 6 child plans, so one at a time is not practical.

Don't really understand why the front-end is so different from the back-end on this. On the back-end there is a selection box by each plan so you can select them and process the group. On the front-end you get this individual buttons and there is no way to get multiple plans in the basket even though the original registration was that way

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157691 by krileon
You can't, each subscription must be renewed individually as each subscription could have different dates.. even if different by 1 day then subscribing together wouldn't be valid. It's possible something like this will be added in the future, but currently there's no way to do so.

Backend is an entirely different process as admins can process subscriptions how they see fit regardless of restrictions and validations. It's almost like comparing Read Only fields to backend, why can backend edit and not frontend, etc.. It's for administration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157843 by susanskinner
Replied by susanskinner on topic Re: How to renew all plans (parent / child) together
I have to strongly disagree with your logic. Because renewals are paid for together in one basket should have nothing to do with the new expiration date for each individual plan. Why does making one payment mean the plans can't be individually processed by the system to extend each one appropriately per the settings of each plan. A user should be able to renew all plans that the system says are available for renewal at one-time, regardless of any relationships between the plans. Yes if you renew a child plan and not the parent plan you will still loose access to the child plan when the parent expires but that is no different than someone adding an optional child plan several months after purchasing the parent plan. The added child plan will technically have an expiration date that is longer than the parent but will not be usable longer than the parent.

I find it distressing that you have no plans to improve the way renewals are handled, and I'm going to need to buy a lot of aspirin for myself in a few months from now when my first members come up for renewal. Your response leaves me in an extremely difficult situation as I believe this flaw is significant enough to loose members over.

13 years 1 month ago #157893 by krileon
I completely agree with you, you should be able to renew plans in bulk. This is why in my previous reply I stated ", but currently there's no way to do so". We've plans to improve the workflow, I just can't tell you when or how. We've already a feature ticket in our system to implement this and currently it is marked for version 1.2.0 (no guarantee, but is just its current status).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157932 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: How to renew all plans (parent / child) together
This morning I had a reply from a user I had contacted because he had renewed the child plan but not the parent: here is his comment:

"On the registration page, there were two payment buttons, one for [child plan] and the other for the annual membership. I must have gone through the payment process for [child plan] and neglected to do the same for the membership renewal. I think it might be less confusing if there were one payment button for the total order. At any rate, I'm just now purchasing the renewal. "

All my members are really hoping this gets into the next version - all their plans expire at the same time as their child plans; if there was anyidea when it's due I might even give them all an extended membership until then ... otherwise, I'll have to add a notice apologizing for the contorted procedure

13 years 1 month ago #157969 by krileon
Registration page will always have 1 button, so don't understand the confusion there. As far as renewing from the subscription tab you must have an active parent in order to subscribe to a child plan. So to renew their child plan, their parent plan must remain active. As stated already we've plans to improve this workflows, not much more I can advise at this time sorry.

Another option is to rework your plan step to be as follows.

Instead of:
Plan 1
-Plan 1a
-Plan 1b
-Plan 1c

Have:
Plan 1
Plan 2 (has Plan 1 + Plan 1a privileges)
Plan 3 (has Plan 1 + Plan 1b privileges)
Plan 4 (has Plan 1 + Plan 1c privileges)

All 4 plans above would be exclusive so the user could have only 1 of them. You could have them to allow upgrades so user could upgrade to better plans as seen fit, but this gives the user a single plan to maintain instead of multiple.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn