Fatal error: Out of memory when I have 128 Mg !

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159229 by alek
This is the second CB install I am doing on this server running Jml16 and the 1st one worked without a problem until I deleted it.
I have a fresh Jml16 install and have installed comp_rofiler. When I try to access the "configuration" Tab I get:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 19136512) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /webroot/v/o/voyag001/voyagepad.com/www/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 342

I have 128 Mb available! My server config is:

PHP Version: 5.2.x
Zend Optimizer/Guard: Installed
memory_limit: 128mb
max_execution_time: 180 seconds
upload_max_filesize: 16mb
Time Zone: America/La Paz Change Time Zone
error_reporting: Show only serious errors
display_errors: On Not Recommended
asp_tags: Off
magic_quotes_runtime: Off
magic_quotes_gpc: Off
register_globals: Off
IonCube Loader: Disabled

Please tell me where I should look? ( www.voyagepad.com) as I have spent many hours on this uninstalling and re-installing with no avail.

I have used the "Tools" and now, I'm getting a "500 Internal Server Error"!

What should I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159234 by nant
You think you have 128M but in fact you are getting maybe 20M.

That is exactly what the message is telling you.

Article I wrote of Joomla magazine might help you:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Dec-2010/item/295-Are-you-getting-your-fair-share-of-PHP-memory

13 years 1 month ago #159239 by alek
Thank you for your swift reply.
With your script, voyagepad.com/phpmemtest.php I see that I have 100 Mg allocated:
"You have allocated 99M (103907888) memory in this php script"
The "System Information" menu is also producing that Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 8912896) error. An other element is that I did have a perfectly functioning Joomla/CB site on that very server. I just uninstall-ed and re-installed Joomla and re-built the extensions.
So what else should I do?

13 years 1 month ago #159260 by nant
That is weird because the error message you are getting indicates you are not getting even 10M.

Perhaps some extra php.ini file somewhere in your environment is causing memory to be limited?

Maybe ask your hoster for assistance?
The following user(s) said Thank You: alek

13 years 1 month ago #159367 by alek
:S
Looks like the install is broken somewhere. Even with ALL the components, Modules and Plugins disabled, I still can'y get in Site -->System Information (Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7077888))

Here is the answer from my host - Omnis

ticket-1530737@helpdesk.omnis.com to me
show details 1:46 PM (15 minutes ago)
Dear Customer:

This is in regards to the memory errors you are receiving and the plugins you
have installed. In order for this to happen the plugin would need to try to
use more than 384mb of ram which is the server limit. This is an enormous
amount of ram for a php script to try and use. Our best advice is to try and
determin which plugin is doing this, disable it and then contact the creator
of this plugin and have them fix it so it does not require so much ram.

Thank you,
David

Omnis Network, LLC
Email: support@omnis.com
Phone Toll Free: 1-877-393-4678

I fear that the only solution is to start again from scratch. Right?

13 years 1 month ago #159374 by krileon
19136512 = 18.25 and 7077888 = 6.75MB, whatever method you're using to increase memory limit is not working. Please ensure if using PHP.ini that it is placed in Joomla root and root/administrator (this is extremely important to be in both locations).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn