Error

Please login first

Viewing email link - custom view options

13 years 1 month ago #159255 by davidashurst77
Viewing email link - custom view options was created by davidashurst77
Hi,

A: When I select CB Configuration/General/Email Handling and select "Display Link to Email Form", the email link in the icon on the Connections tab appears, which is what I want. (see screen shot: Want Email Link Here.png)

B: The email link also appears in the Menu bar at the top of the profile page. I don't want this to appear here as well. (see screen shot: Don't Want Email Link Here.png)

How do I configure CB, so the Email link appears in location A and not location B?

Thanks

Dave
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159325 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Viewing email link - custom view options

How do I configure CB, so the Email link appears in location A and not location B?

You don't, it's conditional based off email configuration and will display in 3 locations: Connections, CB Menu, and the Email field it self. You'd need to edit CB Menu to remove the link to email form or try to hide it using CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159401 by davidashurst77
Replied by davidashurst77 on topic Re: Viewing email link - custom view options
Hi,

thanks for the response. I figured the email link appears in all locations by default.

You will have to talk me through how to hide the email link in the CB menu, because I can't see it there. I've enclosed a screen shot of how it is currently configured.
NB. I want to keep all other CB menu links appearing, just remove the email link.

I would appreciate your help in giving me the necessary information I need in creating a work around, to turn of this CB menu email item.

Thanks

Dave

13 years 1 month ago #159402 by davidashurst77
Hi,

not sure if the screen shots were uploaded, so here they are again

Dave

13 years 1 month ago #159403 by davidashurst77
Screen shots again
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #159472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Viewing email link - custom view options
There is no configuration to hide the email link from menu. You would need to edit the actual source of of CB Menu (cb.menu.php), which I can not assist with (we don't support core edits). You could try CSS, but do not recall if a unique class is provided when displayed as drop-down menu on profile. I suggest using Firebug to inspect the menu and review if a class is present to allow hiding of the link (not secure, but visually wouldn't be there).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn