[SOLVED] How to create mixed group by family

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159624 by cchw
I am trying to create a directory for an organization that includes families...is there a way to provide separate logins for each spouse, but keep spouses and children grouped? For example:

Smith
John
Jane
Junior grade 6
Julia grade 2

211 Street Road
Someplace NY 21011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159831 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to create mixed group by family
I suppose you could use GroupJive and each family be given their own Group? For now you'd need to set this up manually, but soon an auto join feature will be implemented. You could also use the Connections system and those of same family could request connections with one another. CB isn't really a directory extension, maybe review looking at mostree or something of the sort?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159841 by cchw
Replied by cchw on topic Re: How to create mixed group by family
I think we actually do *not* want autojoin. And we want to keep the application simple (feature-limited), contained as a private organizational network. Is there a demo site where I can see how GroupJive has been implemented by others?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159876 by krileon

Is there a demo site

Yes, our demo site has GJ 2.x installed at the below link.

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

where I can see how GroupJive has been implemented by others?

Not unless it's posted in the showcase boards. We do not disclose users sites unless they do so themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159939 by cchw
Replied by cchw on topic Re: How to create mixed group by family
With a couple simple workarounds, the simple user list pretty much does the job. Can I edit the css file, so, for example, the family surname (a custom field) is bold? I am enjoying the downstream possibilities of CB for this project.

GJ comes up too late in the user experience, as a tab within each profile....i would want the start page to be a list of GJ groups, each one a family name.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159991 by krileon

With a couple simple workarounds, the simple user list pretty much does the job. Can I edit the css file, so, for example, the family surname (a custom field) is bold? I am enjoying the downstream possibilities of CB for this project.

Yes of course, you can edit the CSS and place in your Joomla template or CB template CSS file.

GJ comes up too late in the user experience, as a tab within each profile....i would want the start page to be a list of GJ groups, each one a family name.

That is perfectly doable, just set your sites Home page (Joomla menu link) to the GJ category where family groups would be.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn