Special Permissions for Users???

9 years 7 months ago #248611 by zingerdigital
Special Permissions for Users??? was created by zingerdigital
I'm looking to have Registered Users(RU) and Premium Registered Users(PRU).

For example, I would like a PRU to have access to a special Tab on their Profile. The special Tab would have a Text Editor Area field. So, the PRU would be able to edit their Tab and the RU will be able to see it when they view the PRUs Profile.

I tried to assign a "Premium Registered Users" access level(which I created) for the Tab. But when I did that, only the PRU would be able to see it.

Any way that I can do this???

Thanks,
Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248633 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Special Permissions for Users???
Create your two Usergroups then create View Access Levels for them. Then assign those view access levels to various content. That's the most basic way of doing it, but if you set a tab to a specific view access level then only that view access level can edit/see the tab contents. If you want 1 group to be able to edit the contents, but everyone to be able to see it you could have a second tab with delimiter fields that substitutes in the other fields values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248640 by zingerdigital
Replied by zingerdigital on topic Special Permissions for Users???
Can you better explain this

"If you want 1 group to be able to edit the contents, but everyone to be able to see it you could have a second tab with delimiter fields that substitutes in the other fields values."

Thanks

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248648 by zingerdigital
I found a tutorial on delimiters on your site that helped i think understand it better.

The problem I have now with using the delimiter fields is....

I'm using a "Text Editor Area" field, then I'm putting that field into the Delimiter Field.

The Delimiter Field is showing the html from the "Text Editor Area" as CODE(tags are showing). I looked at the source code and reason why it's showing as CODE, is because the data from the "Text Editor Area" is being displayed as character entities in the source code.

Any way to make the code show correctly in the Delimiter Field???

Thanks
Robert

9 years 7 months ago #248728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Special Permissions for Users???
You're probably using raw field rendering, which pulls the value straight from database. You need to substitute the field in as formatted using the below usage.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Please see the below substitution tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #248733 by zingerdigital
Thanks,

I had to use this...

[cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" /]

and it worked, the delimiter field is now displaying the HTML correctly!

I initially was using...

[FIELD_NAME]

And that displayed just the HTML CODE.

THANKS for the insight!!!
Robert

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn