Change installation colours to show in progress

6 years 4 months ago #299521 by webcoast
Hi, is there any way you can change the colours that you use during the install of your component? I just upgraded CB, and once I received the screen with the green block and message saying "Message. Installation of the component was successful." I used the Joomla menu and went to another part of the site. As soon as I had done it I realised my mistake, as I had just noticed that the build file was still being installed because it was written underneath the green success block in small black writing. (Then when I went to CB controlpanel it said it had not completed installing, and then I received an error when I clicked on the complete the installation, so I just reinstalled the whole thing again, which worked.)

Can you either not display the green block with the success message in it at all, or if there is no way to not show this, then make the message underneath eg 001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.1.3+build.2017.11.16.20.21.51.1a2f01fa1.zip is being installed... MUCH more noticeable, eg bright background colour and bold text.

The green block implies that the component install/upgrade has completed successfully.

Regards
Nicola
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299580 by krileon
No it's not possible as that's Joomlas message. The installer was installed successfully; not the packages in the installer. The installer will then install the packages after that showing you progress and success.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299596 by webcoast
Yes I understand how it works.

My suggestion if the Joomla core message was not able to be changed, was to make your notice about the zip package currently being installed much more noticeable, eg bright background colour, bold coloured text etc. Anything to make it stand out more and remind us not to do anything else yet.

Regards
Nicola

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn