Activity And GroupJive

5 years 10 months ago #304588 by AlanJones
Activity And GroupJive was created by AlanJones
Is there nay plans for the activity plugin to be able to feed in to groupjive walls?

For example, someone posts on a groupjive wall, this feeds in to the activity stream. When someone comments on that activity on the activity module it would then also show up in groupjive. Is this possible?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304592 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity And GroupJive
Nope. It's doable I guess with a Query auto action to insert the activity contents into the GJ Wall database, but it's not really recommended. There's no point using both CB Activity and GJ Wall. CB Activity is a direct upgrade to GJ Wall. GJ Wall is still provided because we don't know what to really do about people buying only GJ and not having access to CB Activity as it'd be an incomplete community groups solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304593 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity And GroupJive
So CB Activity is meant to replace GJ wall? How does that work with separate groups with private access levels etc. Can Activity do the same thing as GJ wall? I thought there was some key differences.

Own Your Own Community!

5 years 10 months ago #304594 by krileon
Yes, it can replace GJ Wall. GJ it self will handle access protecting the stream as it does with other integrations. Same with CB Gallery replacing GJ Photos, GJ Files, and GJ Videos. All you need to do is publish the below system actions in CB Auto Actions to replace those 4 integrations.

CB Groupjive - Stream
CB Groupjive - Gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #304595 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Activity And GroupJive
So instead of displaying a groupjive wall, I would need to display a activity tab inside a groupjive group. Doing this would allow activity to feed in to a group?

Own Your Own Community!

5 years 10 months ago #304611 by krileon
Yes, it'll display a unique per group activity stream. Only members of the group can post on the stream. Normal display access still applies (e.g. Open group has a stream visible to everyone). Same applies for CB Gallery usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn