Activity And GroupJive

1 year 4 months ago #308602 by AlanJones
I cannot seem to get this auto actions to send emails anymore. What should the parameters be?

I have "CB Activity - Post Notification" copied and enabled. It's type has been set to "email"

• If I wanted all users in a group to be notified via email when someone posted on the wall, what would the "to" substitution be?
  • If I wanted to make the subject read [user] has posted on [group] is this substitution correct?
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #308623 by krileon

If I wanted all users in a group to be notified via email when someone posted on the wall, what would the "to" substitution be?

If it's a direct copy of "CB Activity - Post Notification" then you'd set To to [var2_user_id].

If I wanted to make the subject read [user] has posted on [group] is this substitution correct?

No, neither of those substitutions exist here. You'd have to use [username] for their username for example, but there is no access to what GJ group it was posted on unless the source object is available and if it is you'd use [var2_name] for group name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
11 months 4 weeks ago #311623 by victoriakim
Sending group post notification via email is a critical feature for my site too, though I have more questions to set this up.

But the first thing I should find out is ... Will group users be able to opt-out, if they want to, from post notifications generated from the auto action?
11 months 4 weeks ago #311629 by krileon

Will group users be able to opt-out, if they want to, from post notifications generated from the auto action?

If you add a condition to your auto action to check the value of a field like a lot of the notification system actions do then yes. If you mean on a per group basis then no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn