Uploading a csv with the wrong extension is just ignored

3 years 1 week ago #324310 by Ake2017
From my first post: "I tried to upload new member data through a csv-file that was incorrectly named .txt."
That means that I uploaded the file by the un-labeled "upload csv"-button on the member management page.

Further, from my first post: Then the upload is just ignored. A more appropriate response would be "The upload file does not have the extension .csv. The upload request has been ignored."

The key here is "just ignored" - as in "no error message is given" (which I believe is inappropriate).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 week ago #324330 by krileon
Invalid extensions will throw a validation error. I've already made that clear in my previous reply. I don't have anything further to suggest. If you want the file field to only accept .csv then edit the file field and adjust its allowed extensions parameter so all other extensions will throw a validation error. There is never a case where it just ignores it. If someone accidently renamed a .csv files extension to .txt it will uploaded as by default .txt is allowed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 6 days ago #324335 by Ake2017
Are we talking about the same thing?
I am telling you that I did not get an error message in that situation.
You are telling me that "it will throw a validation error".
But I know it did not, at least not where I could see it.
So what is your message, really.

3 years 6 days ago #324336 by krileon
My reply below directly shows what happens when an invalid extension type is attempted to be uploaded to a file field.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/159-wishlist/243738-uploading-a-csv-with-the-wrong-extension-is-just-ignored?start=0#324005

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn