[SOLVED] Integration to Kunena 1.6.3

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158573 by nilsy
Having trouble getting this to integrate to Kunena...
I have:
Kunena 1.6.3
Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.4
CB Jive 2.1
PHP Version: 5.2.6
MySQL: 5.1.33

I've been working with Joomla for some years now, and thanks initially to Brain Eater at GroupJive, the Group function was working nicely!

I tested this new version on a test site, and I thought this looks great etc.
So I installed it, and it all seems to be working fine...

EXCEPT :laugh:

The Forums integration is just not playing the same game here...
The Forums seems to be pleased at showing itself in the Category view, but NOT in the actual Group.
(EDIT: Ok, I see the Forum establishes itself on Re-Editing the Group.)

But, when I go to check out the Forums from the Category view, it gives me the dreaded white page with fault:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getField() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MYSITE\modules\mod_jitter_latest_cb\mod_jitter_latest_cb.php on line 96

Anyone?

Not sure why it is calling the Jitter module, obviously some conflict somewhere... but, me stoopid... :dry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Integration to Kunena 1.6.3
Your error isn't coming from GJ 2.x, but instead the module mod_jitter_latest_cb. Please disable the offending module and confirm if resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nilsy

13 years 1 month ago #158582 by nilsy
Replied by nilsy on topic Re: Integration to Kunena 1.6.3
Yepp Krileon, that resolved it...
Well, it is working now. THANKS!!! :cheer:

But... (that's a fun word)
All previous Forums posts are now missing.
But not to worry, it can start fresh.

I assume Jitter is best just to dump then? :(
(I know, it has no real function apart from being fun.)

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158591 by krileon
No forums should be missing, why are they missing? Were they deleted? Please run GJ Tools from backend to check for missing forums. To fix missing forums it requires a re-save of the category/group. This will change with next release where a batch fix will be provided. Please also note disabling forums in the category will prevent any groups of that category from having forums.

Don't know what the Jitter module is, sorry. This is something you'd need to discuss with its developer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nilsy

13 years 1 month ago #158608 by nilsy
Replied by nilsy on topic Re: Integration to Kunena 1.6.3
No, the Forums were not deleted, they have just not ported over to this new version... :S
Although, (weird) it DID in one Group!

I had already run the GJ Tools, and it seems to claim all is fine.
The last part of the Tools states:
:: GroupJive :: Previous release database found - Migrate | Delete

However, on pressing it, it meerly duplicates the Groups again.
So the actual Groups get doubled, and the message remains the same. Although the Forums do not import.

Yes, I know about the disabling etc of the Forums, it is not that.

The Jitter is just an adaptation of What Are You Upto.
So it is far from crucial, it is just a small notice system really.
That has been at least temporarily solved by publishing it only to the menu items other than the Forums. So it at least doesn't conflict.

But if I'm the only one with Forums import issues, then it is obviously something lame on my part... :pinch: I will continue to try.

13 years 1 month ago #158625 by krileon
The forum integration won't migrate forums from GJ 1.8. The only things that will migrate is the categories, groups, and users themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn