uddeIM 0.6b+ (0.5b with some enhancements)

17 years 6 months ago #24688 by sonyalynn
Replied by sonyalynn on topic Re:UddeIM suggestions

slabbi wrote:
I will check this asap. Sounds not to be a so big deal...

Thanks for looking into this, Slabbi!

It's a pretty big deal to any of our users using common names like "John" or "Bob", only one of whom will get any PMs, unfortunately. :(

But if you can fix that, I would be most grateful! :)

Post edited by: sonyalynn, at: 2006/11/14 21:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24840 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:UddeIM suggestions
Well, it seems that it is not so easy to fix...

When using realnames uddeIM searches for the corresponding userid using the given realname. Unfortunately this field does not contain unique names, so the first realname found in the database will be used.

The only solution I see at the moment is to switch of realname support, so the unique username is used.

I the better solution to provide a list of all realnames found is not so easy to implement. For that I need much more time. Nevertheless I put it on my todo list.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

17 years 6 months ago #24842 by sonyalynn
Replied by sonyalynn on topic Re:UddeIM suggestions
slabbi wrote:

Well, it seems that it is not so easy to fix...

When using realnames uddeIM searches for the corresponding userid using the given realname. Unfortunately this field does not contain unique names, so the first realname found in the database will be used.

The only solution I see at the moment is to switch of realname support, so the unique username is used.

I the better solution to provide a list of all realnames found is not so easy to implement. For that I need much more time. Nevertheless I put it on my todo list.

That's what our lead developer was saying after looking at the UddeIM code, but I found myself wondering if UddeIM couldn't be modified to use User ID# as the sole means of user lookup for delivery, regardless of which means of name display is used.

It would likely mean an end to hand-typing either username or realname, but then, people (at least on our site) tend to send messages by going to a profile and clicking our "Send Message" link, clicking the "Send PM" icon where it appears elsewhere (like on forum posts), or using the list-box or link array for that user's connections you provided. No one really manually types.

So if you got away from using real or user names for anything except display purposes, I suspect it would be a really useful evolution of the software. :)

Admittedly I'm a non-PHP-coder myself, but I hope the suggestion helps!

17 years 1 month ago #35297 by parth
Replied by parth on topic List what modifications to what files..
Hello Slabbi,

I have a slightly modded version of UDDeim a few functional fixes & Changes to styling.

Can you tell us which files have been modified by you? & what are the changes made to them? Then we can update our files with your changes.

One more issue related to item id.
I noticed that the UDDeim component does not pass item id in several cases.. I have been able to rectify this everywhere but for the "resend" button which some after we recall a message..This creates a lot of templating issues.

Can anyone guide me how to rectify this for resend?

Thanks is advance..

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

17 years 1 month ago #35362 by parth
Replied by parth on topic Re:List what modifications to what files..
Hello slabbi,
I found the code you have made to show connections in table/list. It's working great!
I wanted to know if there is any way I can allow multiple selection from connection list?
Thanks in advance...

Post edited by: parth, at: 2007/04/09 10:09

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

17 years 1 month ago #35365 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:List what modifications to what files..
parth wrote:

I found the code you have made to show connections in table/list. It's working great!
I wanted to know if there is any way I can allow multiple selection from connection list?

Sorry, actually there is no way to implement this. A multiple selection feature would require major code changes and I have no spare time to implement this.

Maybe I can add your changes to my modified uddeim 0.5+. Could you send me your version please, maybe with a small description what your changes are?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn