Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeIM 0.6b+ (0.5b with some enhancements)

17 years 1 month ago #35905 by Smokey4life
Replied by Smokey4life on topic Re:UddeIM suggestions
I would really like to see the feature to allow users to add signatures to thier messages from their private messaging settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• yourmixer
  • yourmixer
17 years 3 weeks ago #36438 by yourmixer
Replied by yourmixer on topic Re:uddeIM 0.5b+ (0.5b with some enhancements)
Okay, I am having problems installing uddeim05b plus.zip. The forums have been giving me the run-around.
I have been to:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,20504/catid,25/limit,6/limitstart,24/
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,19689/catid,25/

I downloaded uddeim05b from this forum page, try to install it and i get the error:

Upload component - Failed
File /home/*private*/public_html/home/media/install_46316616ae4b4/templates/default/css/uddeim.css does not exist!

I have not touch the tables but have replaced the uddeim.php as said in :

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,19689/catid,25/
Basically what i have done:
1: Download com_uddeium05b_plus.zip
2:replace the uddeim.php file as instructed in the web address directly above "Basically what...." part of this post.
3: Try to install
4: get following error:
Upload component - Failed
File /home/lexperts/public_html/home/media/install_46316616ae4b4/templates/default/css/uddeim.css does not exist!
5: Go to CB forums

Can anyone post a step-by-step guide to install uddeim with a full run through on every step taken and post it some where which would be easily seen and accessible?

EDIT: New errors-

Warning: main(/home/*private*/public_html/home/administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*private*/public_html/home/components/com_uddeim/uddeim.php on line 66

Warning: main(/home/*private*/public_html/home/administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*private*/public_html/home/components/com_uddeim/uddeim.php on line 66

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/*private*/public_html/home/administrator/components/com_uddeim/uddeim_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*pr1\/a73*/public_html/home/components/com_uddeim/uddeim.php on line 66

Post edited by: yourmixer, at: 2007/04/27 06:57

• slabbi
  • slabbi
17 years 3 weeks ago #36453 by slabbi
Do following:

1. Download the unmodified version of uddeIM 0.5b and install it.
2. Download the zip file containing uddeIM 0.5b+ and upload these files to your webserver (overwrite the existing files)
3. Patch the database tables before you use uddeIM 0.5b+

Thats all.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• parth
  • parth
17 years 3 weeks ago #36455 by parth
When trying to access the component when not logged in i get the foll error.

Please advise.

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

PArth

Php-Nuke to Mambo to Joomla...
My Evolution goes on!
Need Joomla Development?
Drop us mail! www.tekdi.net - sales@tekdi.net
Our CB extensions :
CB Adsense , CB User RSS, CB-Eventlist My Events & CB-Eventlist Attended Events, CB Network Suggest
Joomla Extensions, Training & Support
techjoomla.com/
Check Out our Joomla extensions at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/tekdi/1
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/techjoomla/1

• yourmixer
  • yourmixer
17 years 3 weeks ago #36521 by yourmixer
I followed slabbi's directions and i keep getting various errors when uploading and installing the uddeim05. is that normal? i get errors no matter what i do to install uddiem05

Post edited by: yourmixer, at: 2007/04/28 06:56

EDIT: got rid of errors, do I upload com_uddeim05b_plus as a whole zip file or as in individual files(unzip the file, extract all the contents to a folder, upload each file in that folder one by one)?

Post edited by: yourmixer, at: 2007/04/28 23:51

• yourmixer
  • yourmixer
17 years 3 weeks ago #36599 by yourmixer
hello? Do i upload com_uddeim05b_plus as zip or individual files?

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon