Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only

2 years 10 months ago #324941 by SuperHaven
Replied by SuperHaven on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only
Ok, thanks for the update.

How about Joomlapolis? What good is a social site, without being able to message on it? Why not a messaging system that is natively a part of Community Builder? (The core as a "Free" plugin, and what was the premium addons, be a paid product?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only

How about Joomlapolis? What good is a social site, without being able to message on it? Why not a messaging system that is natively a part of Community Builder? (The core as a "Free" plugin, and what was the premium addons, be a paid product?)

There is one natively a part of core CB. It's the Private Message System plugin which is directly built into CB. It was implemented quite awhile ago and has a button for migrating UddeIM messages to it. Edit it and configure it within CB > Plugin Management to start using it. It should already be default enabled for new installs. Our demo site is also using it if you want to try it there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperHaven

2 years 10 months ago #324955 by SuperHaven
Replied by SuperHaven on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only
I just did a search and found this page from October 2018.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18814-community-builder-private-messaging-is-here

Wow, I'm sorry, I missed that announcement. I'm almost 3 years late to that party.

2 years 7 months ago #325851 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only
Hello!

I know it has been a while since this was closed, but uddeIM is really really good.

I am just one developer, but would be interested in maintain it if needed.

We could start a Github Repo to maintain it there.

Sounds good?

2 years 7 months ago #325852 by slabbi
I am fine with that. I will create a repository and upload the data.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

2 years 7 months ago #325853 by slabbi
Repositories are here:
github.com/slabbi

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, asierraserna