[SOLVED] Creating a new tab with database results

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #219617 by jpif78@gmail.com
[SOLVED] Creating a new tab with database results was created by jpif78@gmail.com
Hi,

I need to import into a CB Tab some rows of a custom joomla component.

I have tried with CB Query Field (that, by the way it's pretty awesome) but it didn't solve all my needs because I need to add variables to the query.
For example:
SELECT `id`, `titulo` FROM `#__services` WHERE  `created_by` = $current_profile_user_id

Where the $current_profile_user_id is the (int) id of the user witch profile I'm currently viewing.

I guess this is asking to much to CB Query Field, so I have decided to create my own custom "User plugin" that creates the tab. And I have used this as a base: www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/documentation/manuals-guides-tutorials/cb-helloworld-plugin-part-1. But the Hello World plugin is not working (actually I was expecting it since the plugin is from 2006).

Could you point me a good example of a plugin that I can use as example to build my custom tab?

Thanks very much

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #219619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a new tab with database results
CB Query Field or a custom plugin is your only solution basically. CB Query Field is more then capable of doing this however as it supports substitutions. Example as follows.
SELECT `id`, `titulo` FROM `#__services` WHERE  `created_by` = '[user_id]'

Please see the below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #219631 by jpif78@gmail.com
Replied by jpif78@gmail.com on topic Creating a new tab with database results
That is reaaaaally awesome!!! Thanks Kyle.

It works like a charm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn