Error message does not display properly when validation is activated

11 years 1 week ago #224941 by janchambers
Hello,

I am using CB 1.9, CBSubs 3.0.0, CB Conditional 3.0.5, and Joomla 2.5.9. Step-By-Step is set to "Enable" and Validate is also set to "Enable." When I attempt to continue registration without selecting a CBSubs plan, the error message that states, "This field is required" does not display properly.

I feel that it may be a CSS issue, but I'm not entirely sure why the error message is displaying like this. Making this modification starting at line 1107 of /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/template.css did not help:
.cb_result_warning {

border: 1px solid #883300;

color: #dd7700;

font-weight: bold;

background-color: #ffffcc;

background-size: 100%;

background-image: url("images/mini-icons/icon-16-warning.png") no-repeat;

}

The problem is consistent on both my site's template and Joomla's Atomic template. The problem is also consistent in Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari.

What would you suggest that I do to resolve or troubleshoot this problem? Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #224942 by krileon
Does the issue persists when attempting to register with no plan selected and step by step is disabled?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 week ago #225033 by janchambers
Yes, it does.

11 years 1 week ago #225063 by krileon
Was able to confirm. That shouldn't be showing at all. The below CSS will get rid of it. Please add to the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file or CB template CSS file.
.cbregPlansList .cb_result_warning {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 days ago #225112 by janchambers
I've tried implementing that CSS, and the error message is still displaying like before.

11 years 6 days ago #225115 by krileon
Works fine in all my tests. You need to add it to the bottom of your Joomla or CB template CSS file. Try adding more selectors if still not working. Example as follows.
.cbRegistration .cbregPlansList .cb_result_warning {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn