Formatting and cb content module

11 years 1 week ago #225304 by Ntelos
Formatting and cb content module was created by Ntelos
Hello there,

I try to use CB content module to show the basic information tab into a module.
In the module i use this code:
[cb:usertab tab="11" /]

and i have tried to enable the "Use CB template" and/or "Enable CB Javascript" options.
The result is the same:

At frontpage i get all the information in an unformatted row (not the format from the original tab).

Example:
IDGenderNameSurnameAgeGroup ....etc

Firstly, i thought that maybe there is a problem with the default tabs, then i created a delimiter field in which i loaded the information tab, then i put this field in a custom tab and loaded this new tab in the module, but i get the same result.

Also, i loaded this module in another module (widgetkit), but i got the same result. I disabled it in case there was a js conflict and still the same (Note: Other tabs, like Activity, show just fine)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #225306 by Ntelos
Replied by Ntelos on topic Formatting and cb content module
I know that i can use cb field like [name] etc like this:
Name: [name] but i was wondering if there was an easier way

11 years 1 week ago #225311 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Formatting and cb content module
Please review the below substitution tutorial carefully.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Substitutions can have different outputs, reasons, and formatting applied to them to alter their display. By default the output is html and the formatting is none. So for example the below will DIV format a tab substitution.

[cb:usertab tab="11" formatting="div" /]

If you're using CB Bootstrap you need to surround the substitution with bootstrap templates CSS selector as it only styles it self to avoid styling outside of CB. Example as follows.

<div class="cb_template_bootstrap">[cb:usertab tab="11" formatting="div" /]</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ntelos

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn