User profile - testing responsive environment

10 years 11 months ago #225395 by Joomrick1
Hi Joomlapolis,

I was just doing some testing on how CB works in a responsive environment, (just reducing the size of the window frame and seeing how it adjusts).
When I test the users profile page, (In CB TAB manager I have the Portrait based in the "middle" position, and the user status in the "right" position), when I narrow the window frame, everything adjusts, however the user status text seems to go over the top of the profile image. The text also just pushes one letter under the other, making it hard to read.

If I was to do the same thing on Category or Group pages it works perfectly where the text which initially is on the right of the image automatically moves
under the image when the window is narrowed. Is there a way to make this do the same on user profiles, or maybe I should just place the user status text under the user image.

Also, all images shrink accordingly on the Category and Group pages when the window is narrowed. The user image however stays the same size on the user profile page. (Using Joomla 2.5). How do I get the image to automatically adjust as it does on the Category and Group pages when the window is narrowed?

Thanks very much for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #225415 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User profile - testing responsive environment
New release of CB Bootstrap has made tab positions on profile responsive. They'll now properly fall under one another instead of cramming into each other on smaller displays. This should be combined with a responsive Joomla template for best results as it will not responsive change font size, styles, etc.. so Joomla styling can function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

10 years 11 months ago #225437 by Joomrick1
Replied by Joomrick1 on topic User profile - testing responsive environment
Thanks for that. Yes, the new tpl_cbbootstrap-210 does the trick! All works well.
I still have the problem where the user image does not resize when the window is narrowed, (like it does for category and group images). I am using a responsive rocket theme template.
Thankyou again for your help!

10 years 11 months ago #225457 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User profile - testing responsive environment
GJ re-sizes because it's designed for images to have a maximum width of 90%, which causes images to downscale if too large. CB profile does not do this as there could be all manner of images, tabs with images, etc.. that could result in very bad styling so chose to leave it untouched. A simple fix for this is to add the below CSS to your Joomla template CSS file or to the CB Bootstrap CSS file.
.cb_template_bootstrap img {
    max-width: 100%;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn