[#6443] Timezone and GroupJive Events

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290145 by Pachat
When I create an event in a GroupJive group, let say
01/13/17 at 20:00 to 21:00,
after validation, the events appears with
Vendredi, January 13 2017 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

How can I customize the translation to have?
Vendredi 13 janvier 2017 de 20h.à 21h. (formatted and giving the time entered)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Timezone and GroupJive Events
You can override that using the following language strings.

GROUP_EVENT_DATE_FORMAT
GROUP_EVENT_TIME_FORMAT

January should be translated though if your CB language plugin translated the month names. The language strings support standard PHP date function format values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290214 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic Timezone and GroupJive Events
Thanks Kyle for your answer about the translation.

What about the time zone?
For example,
- when editing, it says 19:00
- and once, saved 6:00 PM
which is one hour before

7 years 3 months ago #290218 by krileon
Please ensure you've the latest CB build installed. We found a bug with our cbdatepicker jQuery that was causing a loss of 1 day to whatever date you selected. This typically only affected UTC though. Note you'll need to reselect your date after updating. The date you pick should be based off the timezone set in your CB profile or the sites timezone if none is selected. The stored date should be UTC. It then offsets from UTC to your account or site timezone as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290298 by Pachat
Replied by Pachat on topic Timezone and GroupJive Events
Thank you for your answer.
Now, I get the correct time and the date format looks better.

However, there is still a problem with the month.
Dispite having the following string in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/fr-fr/language.php
'UE_MONTHS_1' => 'janvier',
I still get
Vendredi 13 January 2017 19:00 - 20:00

7 years 3 months ago #290305 by krileon
Was able to confirm January isn't translating. Looks like a problem in core CB though. The string is translating in our Date API call, but it's not being replaced in the output. Have added a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6443

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.888 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn