CBSubs history log

2 years 4 months ago #327307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs history log
4 years ago when you made this post yes it was "utf8_general_ci", but the default collation for Joomla is now "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". You may just have a broken entry in the history log. Empty the _cbsubs_history table, change the table and its columns collation to utf8mb4_unicode_ci, and see if the issue comes back.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327321 by poml
Replied by poml on topic CBSubs history log
This also seems to have to do with special characters in user names. If I remove these entries it is working fine.

Question: Is there an URL, where I can go to the history page and have either page 2, or just a single item displayed?

Since the display from the menu fails, I do not know right know how to do this. It would help me get past the error.

2 years 4 months ago #327330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs history log
You need to use phpmyadmin for managing your database. Navigate to the _cbsubs_history table for your database then click Operations tab at the top. Now scroll down and click "Empty the table (TRUNCATE)". Once that is done running go back to the Operations tab and follow the below steps.

1. Find "Table options" section
2. Set "Collation" to "utf8mb4_unicode_ci"
3. Click checkbox next to it labelled "Change all column collations"
4. Click "Go" bottom right of "Table options" section

This should stop the issue from happening. The collation is likely just incorrect so data isn't storing properly. Then monitor things to see if it happens again.

Question: Is there an URL, where I can go to the history page and have either page 2, or just a single item displayed?

You can view a specific history entry by clicking whatever is in the "Message" column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds