[SOLVED] CB Subs Mailer Logic

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 1 day ago #293024 by bins
[SOLVED] CB Subs Mailer Logic was created by bins
Hiya,

I am trying to set up a couple mailers and cannot get my mind around how to set up to hit the right people.

1 - Previous subscriber, not current/expired, after a time period.
So, when some who has been a paid members does not renew, send them a message 6 months after they lapsed.

2 Free member, never been a paid member
Joined at free level and never upgraded, email after 3 months

Any pointers on how I can structure these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 weeks ago #293037 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Mailer Logic

So, when some who has been a paid members does not renew, send them a message 6 months after they lapsed.

You should be able to do this by having a mailer that is relative to the expiration date and configured to check 6 months after. Example as follows.

Automatically send message at following date: 6 months after
Relative to this date of the plans below: Subscription's Expiry Date
To which plans this date condition applies: SELECT_PAID_PLANS_HERE
Must be in state: Expired
But do not send message if it's later than: 7 months after

This has a 1 month window to avoid it sending to users that may have been expired for 3 years for example. Adjust as needed.

Joined at free level and never upgraded, email after 3 months

Is your free level a subscription? If so you can do a 3 month condition on the subscription date for the free plan. Example as follows.

Automatically send message at following date: 3 months after
Relative to this date of the plans below: Subscription's subscription Date
To which plans this date condition applies: SELECT_FREE_PLAN_HERE
Must be in state: Active
But do not send message if it's later than: 4 months after

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 day ago - 7 years 1 day ago #293462 by bins
Replied by bins on topic CB Subs Mailer Logic
Thanks for these.

Once explained and I could see the logic, the penny dropped!

Simple when you know how!

BTW, 'Relative to this date of the plans below: Subscription's subscription Date' might look better as 'Subscribers subscription Date'

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn