[SOLVED] CBSubs Installation Failed for 2 files

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295752 by cpaschen
I'm setting up a new site with CBSubs and have CB all installed and everything working.
Now when I try to install CBSubs (using the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.1.0+build.2017.05.19.15.39.30.520d1fe23.zip file) in the CB plugin installer I get
CB Package Installer1

However, in the 'detail' area it says "Package installation partially complete!"
And in the Failed column it lists:

002_cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN-4.1.0+build.2017.05.19.15.39.30.520d1fe23.zip
094_cbplug_int_cbsubspromotion-4.1.0+build.2017.05.19.15.39.30.520d1fe23.zip

having failed.

It looks like all the plugins install; however, whenever I try to do almost anything within Paid Subscriptions I get the error:
1146 Table 'kindred9.#__cbsubs_payments' doesn't exist
(The actual table - _payments etc - changes depending on what I'm trying to access)

If I run the CB Tools Check CB plugins database it tells me that a bunch of __cbsubs tables have 'structure differences'.

If I click the FIX button I get:
1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

If I do the 'dry run' it works without an issue.

I've reviewed the instructions here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/236108-solved-install-community-builder-cb

We have confirmed innodb_large_prefix is set ON

Also, all the tables (the ones that already did get installed) are set to:

Storage Engine: InnoDB
ROW FORMAT: was "Compact". All have been changed to "Dynamic"

I've tried to manually run one of the queries (the query that is listed in the dry run to create the #__cbsubs_promotions table (directly via mysqladmin) and I get the same error.

Is there another setting that I should be checking on the server other than that innodb_large_prefix = ON?

Or is there some other solution that wasn't provided in that other ticket (as the final solution was never indicated)?

I don't blieve this is a hosting issue as we have several other sites with the same host using CB and CBSubs without a problem.

Any other ideas where to check?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295765 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic CBSubs Installation Failed for 2 files
Also just received word from my hosting company that the server is set with the default size of 767 and they have not changed that.

Is CBSubs needing more than 767?

Has the install for CBSubs changed in the past 6-9 months? We've installed on other sites (same hosting company) without problem before this.

[We're using CoudAccess for hosting]

6 years 9 months ago #295769 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Installation Failed for 2 files
Doesn't sound like innodb_large_prefix is properly enabled. Your index size is very limited without innodb_large_prefix. Doesn't look like the error says what index it failed at though so I'm not sure which is triggering this for you. I've reviewed _cbsubs_payments and _cbsubs_promotions and neither have an index on a text column. Multiple varchar(255) columns in a single index could hit the 767 limit, but I'd have no idea which without a more clear error message.

InnoDB without innodb_large_prefix has a limit of 767. Previously Joomla and CB used MySIAM, which had a limit of 1000. CB and CBSubs are designed with a maximum of 1000 in mind. So an index could be 1 byte over 767 and you'll get that error on InnoDB without innodb_large_prefix. InnoDB with innodb_large_prefix has a limit of 3072.

Not much I can suggest beyond working with your host to get it all sorted out. The indexes have not changed in the past 6-9+ months.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295771 by cpaschen
Not sure if it is the only one causing the problem, but I tested by manually running the query for "CREATE TABLE #__cbsubs_promotions..." and that one gives the error.

However, the details you provided related to the innodb settings should help. As it says that innodb_large_prefix is ON yet still getting this error seems to imply that there is a problem on the server.
Cloudaccess is monitoring this thread so hopefully they will be able to identify the issue now with these details.

I'll report back here as soon as they review those details.

Thanks.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295780 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Installation Failed for 2 files
Did you create any custom indexes on _cbsubs_promotions? None of the indexes exceed 767 bytes in a typicaly utf8 environment. The longest index is on the name column, which is varchar(255) and is 767 bytes so it shouldn't trigger that error as it does not exceed the limit. This assumes maximum 3 bytes per utf8 character. If you're using a collation of utf8mb4_unicode_ci then it's maximum 4 bytes per character and you'll hit the limit likely on every varchar(255) column index without innodb_large_prefix. This likely is what's happening since utf8mb4_unicode_ci is the now recommended collation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295788 by cpaschen
Hosting company (CloudAccess) moved the site to a different piece of hardware (server) and everything worked fine. So it appears this is an issue with something on the hosting company hardware not working.

Thanks for all the help and detail getting to the bottom of this.
The hosting company is looking into the hardware to determine what got set wrong or where the error is.

This is now resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn