New line \n being ignored

6 years 6 months ago #298309 by sclarke
New line \n being ignored was created by sclarke
Hi,
The following language string example (in UE_USERNAMEREMINDER_MSG) [where *** are being interpreted correctly]

Hello,\nA username reminder has been requested for your %s account.\n\nYour username is: %s\n\nTo log in to your account, click on the link below:\n%s\n\nThank you.\n

is being rendered in user emails as:

Hello, A username reminder has been requested for your *** account. Your username is: *** To log in to your account, click on the link below: *** Thank you.

The instances of '\n' are being ignored. This issue seems to have surfaced fairly recently.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298319 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New line \n being ignored
If you've enabled HTML emails within CB > Configuration > Registration you may need to change the \n linebreaks to HTML, but it typically shouldn't matter. Is this happening in major email clients like GMail as well? Try toggling off HTML emails then retry to see if that's the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sclarke

6 years 6 months ago #298337 by sclarke
Replied by sclarke on topic New line \n being ignored
Hi Kyle,

If you've enabled HTML emails within CB > Configuration > Registration you may need to change the \n linebreaks to HTML

You are absolutely correct. That fixed it.
Thanks!
Steve

6 years 6 months ago #298341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New line \n being ignored
Looks like we already have a bug ticket for that as well. Those linebreaks should be converting to HTML in our mailer library, but I guess they're not in this case.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5434

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn