Community Builder App (for smartphones)

6 years 4 months ago #300067 by Digigreg
Community Builder App (for smartphones) was created by Digigreg
Hello,
I'm wondering how to make a mobile app associated to the website of one of my customer, that uses Community Builder and a lot of its plugins (some from CB team, some other not, like UddeIM).
I have opened a new topic because I haven't found nothing concrete on Google nor on this forum.
Is there a kind of bridge (xml or so) to be able to manage CB subscription, profile, messages and so on from a mobile app? Maybe can be easier to build that app by Phonegap or another web-app framework, I am just trying to not build from scratches a web service to read and write in CB database, because it would take a lot of time.

Thanks for your time,
Kind regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300071 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder App (for smartphones)
Shouldn't really be necessary since CB is completely responsive and can just be viewed from the mobile browser. You'd miss out on push notifications unless you implemented the JS for those. You can reduce data usage by heavily compressing headers and using lazy loading for images; both doable using JCH Optimizer (we're using it here, works very well). Quickest solution is a small app that's just a wrapper for the website with maybe some custom client side caching of pages.

Is there a kind of bridge (xml or so) to be able to manage CB subscription, profile, messages and so on from a mobile app?

No, you would need to develop an extension or CB plugin to create a JSON endpoint API for handling all of your apps necessary requests.

I am just trying to not build from scratches a web service to read and write in CB database, because it would take a lot of time.

That's basically what you'll have to do. You can try using CB Auto Actions for the endpoints I suppose though and at least reduce some of the workload since it can do PHP output for any action type now you can handle JSON outputs for various action types.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300078 by Digigreg
Replied by Digigreg on topic Community Builder App (for smartphones)
Ok many thanks for your answer.
You're right, CB is well browsed by mobile, currently on that website. Just the owner of that website whats this app, I've to implement also geo-location for users (using GPS) and a client side for UddeIM PMS with push notification.

I will publish here some solutions when I will do that, to let the community read, if somebody needs the same.

Greetings.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn