best approach to a multi year subsription.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302572 by jhurlbur
My site currently has 3 membership plans using CBSUBs current version. My board would like to offer multi year plans with discounts for buy or renewing for a 1, 2 or 3 year option. Is there a better way to do this that adding individual plans for each option ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic best approach to a multi year subsription.
You'll need 3 plans to do that if you want different price and duration options. There's no way to add additional duration options to a single plan at this time, but is something we're looking into. Additional pricing options is possible using CBSubs Promotions and creating promotions that apply to your plans automatically. If you already have the 3 plans though you could just adjust the price directly and not need promotions. You'd need to clarify further the plan setup you're wanting for me to suggest anything more specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302642 by nant

jhurlbur wrote: My site currently has 3 membership plans using CBSUBs current version. My board would like to offer multi year plans with discounts for buy or renewing for a 1, 2 or 3 year option. Is there a better way to do this that adding individual plans for each option ?

Thanks

You might consider configuring an automatic discount that applies based on the subscription date of the existing plan.
You might need to use a Query field to set this up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 1 month ago #302878 by jhurlbur
Replied by jhurlbur on topic best approach to a multi year subsription.
Can you tell me how the membership plans are setup on this site. I just looked and it appears that there are 3 plan options for Professional. Is that done via parent plans ?

Thanks

6 years 1 month ago #302889 by jhurlbur
Replied by jhurlbur on topic best approach to a multi year subsription.
I checked and if i can replicate the plan configuration on the joomlapolis site that would match my requirements assuming i could change the term months to years.

Please let me know.

6 years 1 month ago #302904 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic best approach to a multi year subsription.

Can you tell me how the membership plans are setup on this site. I just looked and it appears that there are 3 plan options for Professional. Is that done via parent plans ?

They're 3 separate plans. We're using CSS to stack them so it looks like a price/duration selector, but it's actually just 3 plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn